This year’s Roundup will be held on November 15 & 16, 2013 at the Best Western Airport Inn, 6815 W. Kellogg, Wichita, Kansas. This is the same location as 2012 and 2011.
Doors open Friday night at 5:00 pm. To celebrate our 30th Anniversary, we’ve held a contest to design the commemorative coffee cups available every year. The contest deadline was March 31, 2013. The choice was difficult, but the committee was unanimous in their vote. The winner will be announced on the Friday night of the Roundup. Plan to attend so you can be present for the unveiling!
The Fall Roundup Committee reviewed the online survey that was sent to over 65 email addresses collected from the 2012 registration forms. We have had many discussions about the results and all comments and suggestions were taken to heart. Below are some of the changes being made:
- First, we have this new blog and an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online registration will be made available this year. Watch for more information coming soon.
- This year’s speakers are coming from far and wide. Once the speakers are confirmed, they will be announced here.
- Meetings will be scheduled on site to fill in some of the down time that occurred last year.
- A Q&A panel made up of a variety of AA members will discuss your questions on how Fellowship affects sobriety for members–positive and negative.
Stay tuned for more information next month. To be sure you don’t miss a beat, click on “Follow Blog Via Email” in the right-hand column. The Committee will be looking for volunteers as the event date approaches, so if you’re interested in getting involved outside the meeting rooms, contact us. And we’re still taking suggestions — so don’t be shy!